Please spread the word to anyone who might be interested in joining the first class of photographylab
participants. Membership applications will be accepted between September 8 and September 30 only
.Anyone who can submit digital pictures may participate.
The type of camera you have and use does not matter. You can use a pinhole camera so long as you can submit digital copies of your prints.
The class will be structured in the following way:
- Reading assignments will be posted every week, with a photography assignment to accompany it.
- Whether or not you actually read the article is not something you can prove to us except through the quality of your photos. You are strongly urged to read the assignment, because that is what you came here for. The joint reading assignments are the only thing that really separates this community from any other photography community on the web.
- The first several joint reading assignments will surround your equipment. We will all be working to get to know our cameras and other equipment.
- Following the equipment lessons will be a series of creativity and artistic lessons. If you are only interested in the tech lessons, you are not required to stay for the creativity lessons. If you are only interested in the creativity lessons, you will be asked to participate in the tech lessons anyway.
- At the end of the series, those who have participated in all of the lessons will receive a graduation graphic for use on their journals or profiles. You will be allowed to miss or to skip no more than three weeks, including the first three.
If you have any questions, please feel free to write me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ANNOUNCEMENT: This community will begin adding members on September 8. The first assignment will be posted for the week of September 10-16. Deadline for posting submissions will be midnight on the 16th.